Despite all the care taken to keep the information up to date continuously at this website, NationExpat.com does not hold any accountability of the content of this website or any consequences of given information whatsoever.
Copyright and all other rights concerning the content of this website (including logo’s, names, models, texts, pictures, posts, images, etc.) belong to NationExpat.com or its licenser. All rights concerning the content are reserved unless explicit consent (on paper) is provided by NationExpat.com. If there is no explicit consent, this content can only be reproduced or distributed unaltered and strictly for personal, non-commercial use provided with full acknowledgement.
Any deviant use of the content is also strictly prohibited to distribute, reproduce, alter, publish or send without explicit consent of NationExpat.com.
Copyrights and other rights are preserved on all reproductions and copies.
NationExpat.com is the webiste platform for Eglish speaking people working, living and travelling abroad. The community is to build business relations, exchange information, get to know other people, find information, ask questions, debate, etc.
We do communicate in English, and understand and respect that for many English is not their native language. We also understand that not everyone can be British, we trust everyone to behave as polite as the British (are famous for). If not, we’ll be the police and we will take matters in our own hands, and handle accordingly.
So, to put it simple, there is no right to say anything about anybody, there is no racism, hate, violence, illegal activities, harassments, swearing, discrimination, placing complete irrelevant posts or pictures, posting things multiple times, offensive behaviour or commercial expressions at other places than advertisement area’s.
If we find out any of this, we will delete the post, and possibly ban you, erase your profile or prevent you to log in (for a while).
Double posts will be deleted (all of them, as punishment for double posting). Mistakes can be made, we think we can see the difference between a mistake and stubbornness, forgive us if we got a wrong perception.
Free of use is no equivalent of unrestricted dumping of all thoughts, opinions, expressions and ideas.
Keep it nice and friendly
We do all we can to allow a range of opinions and viewpoints. However, we do not confuse the free flow of debates with the unrestricted right to say anything about anybody. This site does not support or permit racist expressions, hate, violence, (encouraging) illegal activity, provoking, spamming, sexism, pornography, nudity, harassment, false information and/or placing of links to non-relevant, illegal (or promoting illegal activities), pornographic, commercial, racist websites, nor bashing people beliefs, sexual orientation, opinions, lifestyles, origin, medical condition, gender or religions, preach to non-believers.
Also do not post any personal information of yourself if you don’t want anybody else to see it and no personal information of others (e.g., home or business address, phone number, mobile number, E-mail address, etc.) without that person’s express written consent to do so.
To be sure:
We will take action into our own hands when we spot:
– Repeated improper placement of postings into the wrong section with what is deemed by the moderator as soley an intent to attract more readers;
– Improperly-placed commercial posts;
– Interference with site operations or the actions of a moderator or other site staff including, but limited to, harassing site moderators or other site staff for actions taken in the line of duty or inciting others to violate the Terms of Service;
– Posting attachments or graphics files that significantly impede the operation of the site or slow down page loads unreasonably;
– The use of a user-name / nick-name that would generally be considered vulgar or offensive, clearly not you or is otherwise deemed inappropriate by NationExpat.com;
– Use of similar screen names, avatars or file attachments within the body of a post to parody the identity of real people in a derogatory or defamatory manner;
– Posts that negatively reflects the reputation of NationExpat.com;
– Negative (offensive) reactions among significant number of members;
– Exposes or tends to expose NationExpat.com to potential liability for violation of any governmental or official agency law, regulation, ruling, instruction, or known or reasonable ascertainable expectation of conduct;
– Does not conform with the norms of community behaviour (to be decided by NationExpat.com;
– One of the mentioned not permitted expressions or posts mentioned in ‘Keep it nice and friendly’.
The measure we take (warning, editing, removing, banning, etc.) on finding any of the above mentioned actions are indisputable as there is no right to be a member, it is a privilege. Legal action against us when you are banned or punished in whatever way is therefore useless.
If you want to promote your business, please refer to the ‘advertise’ page in the footer-menu.
Posts of commercial nature are prohibited in areas other than advertisement places, discounts or parts of the website the NationExpat.com team grants permission to do commercial expressions. Violating this will be regarded as spamming.
The posting of links to (other) websites containing commercial content or use (paid) advertisement(s) is prohibited and regarded as spamming.
Commercial content of competitors can be restricted to preserve the future of NationExpat.com
The promotion of houses/property, jobs, resumes and your own profile are solely welcome on the permitted specialized sections. Posts are accepted only one time, double (identical) posted is regarded as spamming.
For the promotion of events we kindly ask you to contact us, we’ll add relevant events with love.
The forum is intended for discussions and questions, not for commercial usage. Commercial content will be regarded as spam.
Intellectual Property and Privacy
NationExpat.com takes reasonable measures to protect the privacy and intellectual property of its members, the site can assume no liability for third-party reproduction, misuse, or commercial use of any information posted by members on this site.
Posted photo’s, video’s or other likenesses of other persons than yourself are not intended when using public figures, and prohibited when using non-public persons without their explicit (written) approval.
Photos submitted to NationExpat.com or posted on any of its forums become the property of the site unless otherwise specified by agreement made prior to such submission or posting.
Members’ forum posts, articles, blogs or any other text submissions to the site become the property of NationExpat.com for the purposes of re-use, modification or disposal on the site or in connection with site community activities.
So, what do we expect from our users
User shall only provide true and accurate personal, social, and professional information and shall not post any photographs identifying the user which are older than three (3) years or on which the user cannot be clearly and plainly recognized. The user shall not use any nicknames or pseudonyms to identifythe user.
User shall not send other users messages with contents that violate laws and statutes in any manner (“Illegal Contents”), such as, but not limited to:
– Contents breaching third-party rights – e.g., copyright, performance, and commercial property rights such as brands, patents, registered designs, design rights, and also other rights, for example name and personality rights;
– Contents which are insulting or defamatory, regardless of whether said contents are directed at NationExpat.com personnel, other companies, or another user;
– Contents and actions violating criminal law, promoting anti-constitutional organizations or displaying the insignia of such organizations; contents glorifying violence; racist, pornographic, sexist contents; contents harmful to young persons; contents trafficking in narcotics, inciting or downplaying the consumption of narcotics, inciting criminal offenses, gambling, insult or slander, defamation, etc.;
– Contents promoting any commercial practices considered unfair competition, including progressive customer acquisition practices (such as chain distribution systems, multilevel selling, or pyramid sales) or content annoying, pestering, or harassing any other user;
– Contents which include information for which the user has no right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information, insider information, etc.);
– Contents that contain company logos. This excludes employees of NationExpat.com and in the job and resume area of the site;
– Contents intended to disrupt, destroy, limit, or impair services on NationExpat.com or the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, in particular through robots, spiders, spamming, DOS attacks, chain mail, junk mail, scripts, etc.;
– Content (text, pictures, video’s, sounds etc.) uploaded by users / members should be their legal property. It is strictly forbidden to use and/or upload data that is not yours and therewith violating (intellectual) property rights.
When using such services, the user shall adhere to all guidelines that NationExpat.com has in place from time to time.
The user shall not send identical messages to more than one (1) user.
The user shall not (i) disguise the origin of any communication via the services or disguise the user’s own identity while using the services in any way; (ii) disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations set up for the use of the services on NationExpat.com by NationExpat.com; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the NationExpat.com website, its servers, or Terms of Service of NationExpat.com networks connected to NationExpat.com. Nor shall the user engage in acts that impair the operability of NationExpat.com’s infrastructure, particularly those which may overload the said infrastructure; (iv) block, overwrite, modify, or copy any contents on NationExpat.com, unless the said actions are necessary for the proper use of the services. The use of any search engine technology is not necessary for the proper use of the services and is therefore prohibited.
The user shall not tag other users or send email invitations to non-users without their prior consent.
The user shall indemnify and hold NationExpat.com harmless and not accountable for claims for breach of third-party rights for which the user is responsible or any damage which is caused by a breach of any contractual obligations by the user. In particular, the user shall indemnify and hold NationExpat.com guiltless and not accountable for claims by third parties resulting from any illegal acts by the user, in particular with respect to contents provided by the user infringing third-party rights or otherwise illegal content. In so far as such infringement of rights result in court proceedings, the user shall also bear the costs incurred by NationExpat.com as a result, in particular court and attorney costs.
We do not intent to end up here, but if necessary the applicable law shall be construed and governed by the laws of The Netherlands and will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of The Netherlands, as NationExpat.com is officially registered in The Netherlands. Legal disputes will be dealt with in Dutch or when agreed upon by both (or all in case of more than two) parties in English.